The September, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Deputy Grand Knight at 7:45pm, this later start was due to a 1st Degree was held before the regular meeting, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Inside Guard, Grand Knight, Chaplain, Advocate and Outside Guard. The Minutes from June were approved. A total of 17 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Two new Knights that had just completed the 1st Degree (David Furlong, and Bruce Bodine) were welcomed at the meeting. Dave Watson application for transfer to our council. Richard Holland and Keith Nanneman were acknowledged for having recently completed the 3rd Degree.
2. Read a letter from the Vitae Society, thanking us for past support and asking for more money. No Motion.
3. Read a letter of congratulations from Catholic Campus Ministries, asking for help, prayers, and money to fix up the basement at CCM. No Motion.
4. Read a letter from Keep Christ in Christmas. We still have more than enough Keep Christ in Christmas stickers available, so no motion.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Greg talked about St. Vincent Walk for the Poor. Our council donated a total of $500.00; this total comes from the $250 donation as a sponsor and $25.00 per Knight that walked at the event (10 Knights participated in the walk). The walk itself raised $5000, from a combined $3000 in pledges and $2000 in sponsorships. Randy made a motion to pay the $250 now instead of December like originally planned (passed).
2. Greg made a motion to give our Seminarian, Joe Kelly, $50.00 for his birthday like we did last year. Motion passed.
3. DGK discussed the Tootsie Roll Drive on October 7th and 8th at the Republic Wal-Mart, plus at all Masses that same weekend. A signup sheet was passed around the room
4. DGK discussed the Welcome Packets that the office is putting together for all newcomers to the Parish, and having a Knights of Columbus letter in the packet.
5. Chris mentioned the Knights of Columbus pilgrimage on 10/2.
6. We were privileged to have a Cub Scout from Pack 410 give a presentation about the Civil War Merit Badge that the Cub Scouts are working towards. He asked for $100. Motion made and passed to give the Cub Scouts $100.
7. 4th Degree was discussed, that is to be held in Springfield on October 29th at the Clarion Hotel. Rocky mentioned that candidates need to be there no later than noon. $70.00 fee includes the initiation and banquet. Wives luncheon is $12.00, and $30 for any extra tickets to the banquet.
8. Breakfasts on the 3rd Sunday each month starting at 8:30am. This by donation only and all Knights are encouraged to participate. The breakfasts are held September thru May. Broke even after all bills paid from last breakfast.
9. DGK discussed State Bowling Tournament in O’Fallon on the 29th.
10. Sylvester gave a talk on his experience over in Calcutta, India helping out with the Mother Teresa Foundation. We gave him $250 earlier to help with his expenses on this mission.
From the Insurance Agent:
From the District Deputy:
Rocky discussed the 4th Degree coming up in October, on the 29th, here in Springfield. See note 7 above in Old/New Business. Presented the Council with a Star Council Plaque. Mentioned the St. Joseph Beer/BBQ tasting coming up on 10/15 from 5p till 9p. Talked about Roses for Life.
Pray for Special People:
Closing of Meeting: