A first order installation of 3 new knights was performed beginning at 7:00 pm. New members included Terrence Gustin, Mark Rohr, and Tom Unvenferth.
The October, 2012 meeting was called to order by the GK at 7:30 pm, with the opening prayer, “Our Father” followed by the “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. The GK made a motion to dispense with the reading of the September minutes. A first and second was made to accept this motion and a vote carried the motion. A total of 12 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
1. The GK recognized and congratulated the 3 new Knights who had just gone through the 1st Degree.
2. The GK thanked those who were influential in getting the new members to register.
3. The GK mentioned that the 2 Seminarians thanked the Council for the donation to them.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. This included the last breakfast and Tootsie Roll Drive (the monies from this was compared to that of last years’ Drive). Also mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank, and that some monies were moved into the savings account. Also, it was mentioned that the Council closed its’ account at the Commerce Bank.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. It was mentioned that the tootsie rolls remaining from the Tootsie Roll Drive were placed in small packs and give to kids.
2. We needed to pay back Holy Trinity for Tootsie Rolls.
3. Keith Norton mentioned a blood drive Dec. 28th between 2-7pm in the St. Agnes Elementary School Cafeteria and the info will be placed in the Bulletin. He also mentioned there will be a Life Chain, Sunday, Oct. 28th between 2-3:30 pm in the vicinity of Kimbrough and Battlefield Avenues.
4. Erwin Mantei reported on the Council’s status on the involvement in the Youth Activities. We will be involved only in the Poster Board competition.
5. John Kubicek thanked all those who helped in the activity for the intellectually disabled people.
6. Rocky, the District Deputy, talked about a Conference Call with the Supreme Knight and Chaplin concerning “getting out to vote” at 12:30 pm on Saturday Oct. 28th. If interested, one can call 1-877-228-2184 then 110955 to participate and/or listen in.
7. Talk was initiated about paying someone to attend “Right to Life” to be held in Washington, DC.
8. There will be a trash pickup of Cathedral material and possibly a street cleanup at 9:00 am Sat.10/27.
9. A question was asked about any 4th Degree Meetings in St. Louis in March---no answer as such.
From the Insurance Agent:
Scott Hinkenbein reported on the knights Life Insurance and Giving. He referred to various items in the K of C pamphlet which included the strength of K of C insurance and Volunteer Giving.
From the District Deputy:
1. Mentioned the Council’s paper work is up to date.
2. Talked about the pamphlet on “How the Church stands on voting.
3. Mentioned the Bartender’s Ball on Sunday, Dec. 2nd and anybody interested in participating.
4. Wants a listing of all deceased Council members in the last year so they can be remembered in a Mass Nov. 8th celebrated by our Bishop.
5. Asked for the specific Council’s Activities over time. Erwin Mantei referred him to the Council’s Website which shows the activities over the past years.
6. Wanted a name of a Council member, in good standing, whose family was active in Council events for “Family of the Month”.
Pray for Special People:
Closing of Meeting:
The GK closed the meeting with thee Hail Mary’s for the end of abortion.