The October, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7:05pm, with the opening prayer “Our Father” followed by the “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Inside Guard, Deputy Grand Knight, Chaplain, 1st year Trustee, 2nd year Trustee, and Outside Guard. The Minutes from September were approved. A total of 13 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Read a letter from the Blood Center thanking us for past donations and reminding us of the December 30th Blood Drive here at St. Agnes.
2. Read a letter from the Vitae Society, about fundraiser dinner at University Plaza on Thursday December 1st. $50.00 per person (with $25.00 of it being tax deductible), and Ruth Graham (Billy Graham’s daughter) is the featured speaker.
3. Read a letter about the Catholic Charities Dinner coming up on Friday November 4th at Holy Trinity ($25.00 per person).
4. Discussed District 50 will have the Our Lady of Guadalupe Icon from January 20th thru 30th..
5. Discussed the Bartenders Ball coming up on December 4th at the Oasis Center. Proceeds go to the Special Olympics.
6. Discussed Roses For Life coming up on January 7th and 8th. We give out roses after the Masses. GK said we have plenty still and will not need to order any additional roses.
7. Briefly discussed Meet Life Campaign (initiative to get top notch ultrasound in all pregnancy care center in the entire state of Missouri. Goal is to reduce abortion by 50%. Per Greg the Springfield center already has the top ultrasound machine. Issue will be discussed at a later date.
8. Bowl-A-Thon was discussed. Dean Ahrens and Rocky Gambon are the co-chairs of this event. Anyone interested in participating should contact them.
9. Read a letter from the National Council encouraging every council to participate in a coat give away to the poor. New coats are $199 per box with 12 coats in a box. They are suggesting each council purchase 10 boxes. Greg said the Well of Life here at St. Agnes gets around 150 coats donated each year. No motion.
10. Read a letter from Council 577 in Marshall about a gun raffle they are doing. Two tickets for $10 or six tickets for $20. Tickets are available for anyone interested in purchasing them.
From the Chaplain:
N/A. Priests are in Branson on a retreat.
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Greg talked about St. Vincent De Paul having flu shots here at St. Agnes from 7am till 11am for the poor and uninsured. Breakfast will be served.
2. Greg mentioned the Men’s Mass and Breakfast Friday, and also that there is a 5th Sunday this month.
3. Tootsie Roll Drive after expenses will bring in just over $1500 to be split between Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and Republic Schools special needs children.
4. Greg discussed the St. Agnes volunteers and Table for five Pack the Thursday before Thanksgiving. These packs for a dinner for five are put together at Pathways Church at Dale and National.
5. Discussed the Holiday Bazaar that our Ladies Auxiliary put on the weekend of November 19th and 20th. Any help we can give setting up and tearing down would be appreciated. Also the 20th is our breakfast.
6. State Council- Pledge for ultrasound machine in all pregnancy care centers statewide (see GK report). Suggest $10 per member per year for five years. Which puts us around $990 a year for five years. Tabled and will be discussed later.
7. Essay contest and free throw contest briefly discussed.
8. November meeting discussion since it falls on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Motion made to move it up a week. Motion passed. November meeting will be on November 16th (3rd wed).
9. December meeting will be left at the same time. This is usually a pot luck Christmas Party meeting.
10. Christmas lights for the Parish. Will need to pick a day and check all the lights, then another Saturday to put the lights up all around the Parish. Ben will check with Rich Horton about the lift (not sure if it is available this year). Also someone is going to check with Keith Nanneman about being chair of this project.
11. Randy had everyone taste smoked turkey that he had smoked. Discussion on whether to smoke turkeys and sale them, but outcome was to offer to smoke other peoples turkeys for them at a price of $10.00, will get this in the bulletin.
From the Insurance Agent:
From the District Deputy:
Pray for Special People:
Closing of Meeting: