The November, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7:00pm, with the opening prayer offered by Fr. James, followed by the “Our Father” and the “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Outside Guard, Inside Guard, Deputy Grand Knight, and Treasurer. The Minutes from September were approved. A total of 15 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Read a letter of congratulations from Greg Stratman (former State Council) on our council making Star Council.
2. Mentioned raffle tickets available from Council 577 in Marshal. Need to purchase by December 15th if interested. Tickets are $10 for two or six tickets for $20. There are several guns being raffled
3. Discussed the Bartenders Ball coming up on December 4th at the Oasis Center. Contact John Clark if interested in volunteering. Proceeds go to the Special Olympics.
4. Mentioned Blood Drive coming up here at St. Agnes on December 30th..
5. Discussed Roses For Life coming up on January 7th and 8th. We give out roses after the Masses. GK said we have plenty still and will not need to order any additional roses.
6. Mentioned receiving an email from Andy Love wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
7. Bowl-A-Thon coming up on January 15th was discussed. Dean Ahrens and Rocky Gambon are the co-chairs of this event. Anyone interested in participating should contact them. Motion made to sponsor a lane for $250 passed. Proceeds go to The Kitchen, with a goal of $60,000 this year.
8. Read a letter from Paul The VI Institute requesting funds. No Motion.
9. Discussed meeting this coming Saturday in the morning at Church to check all the Christmas Lights and get them ready and working. We will then need volunteers again the Saturday after Thanksgiving to put all the lights up outside of Church. GK mentioned this coming Saturday when we are checking the lights would also be a good opportunity for us to support the Ladies Auxiliary by eating lunch at their Bazaar.
10. This Sunday the 20th is our monthly breakfast, which is held in conjunction with the Ladies Auxiliary Bazaar. Tim G. mentioned that we a doing pancakes this month.
From the Chaplain:
Both Fr. James and Fr. Mike were present.
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Erwin discussed Youth Activities. He said he had talked with Jeanne Skahan and the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades are participating. The essays will be about,”Catholic Citizen in a Free Society”, and need to be 250 words. They will be turned in by December 16th. Erwin said need four volunteers to read the essays (four people then volunteered). 1st Place winner then goes to State. Next Ewin discussed the Free Throw Contest. He mentioned the Palotti Center is available both January 8th and January 15th . Was decided to go with January 8th so as not to interfere with the Bowl A Thon on the 15th. Erwin will get with St. Bernadette to secure the facility. This is to be held from 1pm till 3pm, and open to girls and boys ages 10 thru 14, with registration at the door. Will need two volunteers, one to keep score and another to return the ball. Motion made to purchase both a regulation boys and girls basketball for the event. Passed. $30.00
2. Keith discussed the Blood Drive coming up at St. Agnes on December 30th between 3pm and 7pm . He will need a volunteer to help with snacks (snacks being provided by Panera). Was mentioned that theses donations need to be sent to State so our council gets credit. Also brought up again that if you donate at the Blood Center itself, that you can sign in the book under the St. Agnes page, so we get credit.
3. Greg discussed the St. Agnes volunteers and Table for five Pack taking place tomorrow from 9am till 10:30am/ this is for 160 families. These packs for a dinner for five are put together at Pathways Church at Dale and National. This will need to be done again in December. Greg also mentioned how the number of families keeps growing in our community.
4. Greg made a motion to give our St. Agnes Seminarian $100 for Christmas. Motion passed.
5. Tom made motion to take insurance language out of the 1st Degree. No second. The Degree language comes from Supreme.
6. Fr. Mike introduced himself as a new member of our council. Father then talked about the Well Of Life Moving to a different building. The Vietnamese Congregation that Fr. James is a part of had donated their seminarian building at 418 S. Kimbrough to the Diocese, which in turn donated it too St. Agnes. Fr. Mike is requesting sweat equity to clean out the building. Deacon Mark has already cleaned out a huge amount, plus all the big items. Father also requesting sweat equity to paint the front porches to shore them up for winter. Then next spring to work on all the decking on the back of the building. Side note (after the meeting,Fr. Mike, Tim G, John B, and Gary M went over to the building and took a tour. Building is in great shape, just needs some TLC.)
7. Discussed making sure the 1st Degrees we hold before our monthly meetings do not conflict with the ones Holy Trinity hold. Our next 1st Degree will be in February.
8. GK mentioned that he has been trying to connect with Ryan Neill to discuss the Valentines flower delivery, which is a great fundraiser for our council, but the phone number is no longer valid. Tim G said he would try and stop by where he works and talk with Ryan.
9. December meeting will be left at the same time. This is usually a pot luck Christmas Party meeting. (I left this in from previous months minutes, since the December meeting was touched upon a couple times in the context that it is usually Christmas pot luck with the spouses.)
10. Discussed the Keep Christ In Christmas magnets. Motion made to let us take what we personally wanted then donate them to the Ladies Auxiliary so they can sale them at the Bazaar. Any that or left will be put in the back of the church for Parishioners’(Fr. Mike said we need to make a sign when this is done so that people know they are from St. Agnes Knights Of Columbus/ and Ladies Auxiliary, and we get credit. Motion passed.
11. Randy said that he needs anyone’s thawed turkey to be smoked by 8:30am this coming Saturday.
From the Insurance Agent:
N/A Randy F mentioned that the annuity is now 3%, but dropping to 1% on the 1st of January 2012
From the District Deputy:
Pray for Special People:
Deacon Bill has prostate cancer, and Bernie Duchinski is in the hospital.
Closing of Meeting:
Closing prayer offered by Fr. James, then followed by thee Hail Mary’s for the end to Abortion..