COUNCIL ACTIVITIES

The May, 2012 meeting was called to order by the GK at 7:00pm, with the opening prayer offered by GK, followed by the “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”.  All officers were present except for the Deputy Grand Knight, Outside Guard, Inside Guard, and the Chaplain. The Minutes from the April meeting were approved. A total of 14 Knights were present.

 

From the Grand Knight:

 

1.     Read letter about a Golf Tournament being held by the Nevada Council on Saturday June 23rd, up in Nevada.

2.     Read a letter about a State Horseshoe Tournament being by the Good Shepard Council, on August 18th and 19th, up in Hannibal.

3.     Read a letter about a State Golf Tournament on July 14th at Norwood’s Golf Course, also up in Hannibal.

4.     Read a letter from Supreme encouraging all Councils to help Special Olympics and to hold 1st Degrees.

5.     Read a letter from the Vitae Society thanking us for our $100 donation.

6.     Reminded us of the upcoming Blood Drive on Friday June 15th from 3pm to 7pm.

7.     Read a letter from Supreme stating that as of April 30th we have 93 members.

8.     Read a thank you from State Deputy John Applebaum for our $100 donation to the Meet Life Campaign.

9.     Mentioned the letter we all had received in the mail from the church about the deficit. Encouraged us to think about helping out.  

From the Chaplain:

 N/A       

Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:

The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank.  The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.

Randy Friga said we should get Star Council.

 

 

Unfinished and New Business:

1.     Keith Norton mentioned the two upcoming Blood Drives in 2012.  Friday June 15th and Friday December 28th.  Also said we qualify for another Blood Drive this summer. Keith handed out posters/pamphlets about the blood drives.

2.     Greg Gloeckner talked about the upcoming Corpus Christi Procession and the need for the Knights help. There is a need for Knights to help guard the second Altar site during the Procession. A signup sheet was passed. Greg also talked about needing help on Saturday June 9th with the luncheon after the Sisters Profession of Faith. Mentioned that the Walk for the Poor is coming up on September 29th.

3.     Tim Griese discussed the Sunset Stroll. Needs to firm up a date with Jeannie Skahan. Jim Grier suggested including all Clergy, while Tim Griese said possibly keeping it just as local St. Agnes. The Stroll will be on the agenda at the next meeting.

4.      Our 1st BBQ will be on June 24th.

5.     Parish Picnic will be held after the 5pm Mass on Saturday June 2. Need help setting up. Parish will provide the meat and drinks, while the Parishioners will be bringing the side dishes.

6.     Slate of Officers

GK – Chris Neal

DGK – Gary Momphard

Recorder- Keith Nanneman

Treasurer – Ben Francka

Warden – Greg Gloeckner

Chancellor – Jim Grier

Advocate – James Tuckness

Inside Guard –Ken Bolls

Outside Guard – Ryan Neill

1st Year Trustee – Keith Norton

2nd Year Trustee – Tim Griese

3rd Year Trustee – John Kubicek

Financial Secretary – Randy Friga appointed position

Motion made to vote on and accept slate of candidates as shown. / Motion passed.

From the Insurance Agent:

N/A   

From the District Deputy:

N/A

Pray for Special People:

None mentioned

 

Closing of Meeting:

 Closing prayer thee Hail Mary’s for the end to abortion.