The May, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7pm, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Warden, Inside Guard, and 1st Yr. Trustee. The Minutes from April were approved.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Two applications were read (David Furlong & Thor Bested). Both were accepted.
2. 1st Degree in the Palotti Center at 3pm on Sunday June 5th. Bishop Johnston will be there.
3. Nevada Council hosting a Golf Tournament
4. Availability of school building during summer due to construction discussed. Meeting room may change, but construction should be complete by August in time for new school year.
5. Notice from Washington MO Council about Horseshoe Contest on August 19, 20, and 21st.
6. Flyer from State / State Website allowing us to attach out local website.
7. Officer Installation on July 27th
8. Talked about the essay and free-throw contest.
From the Chaplain:
Fr. Phil thanked us and told us about his leaving the parish for Texas. He said the new Associate Pastor is James Do.
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Greg talked about St. Vincent Walk for the Poor coming up on September 17th.
2. Greg talked about $500 worth of supplies donated to Joplin Council member helping with Breast Cancer.
3. Tim discussed the Msgr. Westhues Walk and gave an account of monies. Discussed some complaints that he had heard. Tim discussed about letting this simmer for a couple of months before we make any decisions on the future of this walk. Donation to St. Agnes School was rounded up to $800(money made/ plus our match), motion made/seconded and passed.
4. Blood Drive coming up on June 16th from 3pm till 7pm.
5. Discussion about Fr. Mike’s 40th Anniversary gift. Statue of St. Rita (15 inches) for $102. Motion made/passed, and will give to him at Parish Dinner.
6. Saturday workday from 8a till noon on Saturday June 4th. Painting and cleaning the Youth Center.
7. $150 to the Ladies Auxiliary towards the Bounce House for Parish Picnic.
8. Refreshments for the upcoming 1st Degree here at St. Agnes with the Bishop on June 5th. Decided to spend a small amount/ motion made and passed.
9. Motion made to give $100 to our St. Agnes seminarian who just graduated with his B.A... Passed.
10. Chris presented a canopy that he had purchased for $64.55. Motion made for us to purchase. Passed
11. From the Insurance Agent:
From the District Deputy:
Rocky mentioned Ed Mulligan who perished in the Joplin tornado. Also Ron Barto who started the College Council passed. Rocky talked about the 1st Degree that will be happening here at St. Agnes with the Bishop. Also passed along that the Right to Life booth at Ozark Empire Fair could use help. He said there will be a 2nd and 3rd Degree at Holy Trinity on September 25th. Also Springfield will have a 4th Degree on October29th. Talked about Columbian Charities and Joplin aide. Mentioned that all the councils here in Springfield possibly putting on a golf tournament for Joplin Relief. St. Agnes has made Star Council.
Pray for Special People:
Reminded us of the need in Joplin and the St. Mary’s Parish that was destroyed in the tornado. Fr. Phil again thanked us for all we do for the Parish here at St. Agnes. He asked for prayers for his new position.
Closing of Meeting:
Fr. Phil led us in a closing prayer.