The June, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7pm, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Chancellor, Warden, Inside Guard, 2nd Yr. Trustee, and 1st Yr. Trustee. The Minutes from May were approved. A total of 9 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Three applications were read (Greg Stark/reinstatement, Fr. McDevitt/transfer, and Fr. Do/ new).
2. Read a letter Fr. Cissel State Horseshoe Tournament up in Washington, MO. on August 20th and 21st, with a mixer on the 19th.
3. Read a letter about the State Golf Tournament in Moberly on July 30th at Heritage Hills Golf Club (formerly Moberly Country Club).
4. Discussed councils doing a golf tournament to raise money for St. Mary’s in Joplin.
5. Officer Installation on July 27th starting at 6:30pm.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Greg talked about St. Vincent Walk for the Poor coming up on September 17th. Motion made to become a benefactor (Our council name will be on shirts and literature), and also sponsor any Knight from our council that walks $25. Motion passed.
2. Greg talked about Parish member dealing with cancer needing help with scraping and painting. Discussion held, and matter tabled until lead paint issue resolved.
3. Enchilada dinner did well, but turnout was low.
4. Bob Young appreciated all the help the Knights provided for the Parish Picnic.
5. GK discussed need to call people about committee appointments.
6. Thanked everyone that helped with painting and cleaning the Youth Center.
7. July meeting will be the installation of officers. Will be a potluck with the council providing the meat and drinks. This will start at 6:30pm on the 27th.
8. Our first BBQ will be on July 17th. Pulled pork and chicken breast, baked beans, and slaw is the menu. Prices will be $7.00(adult), $4.00(child), and $25.00 for a family. Kiddie pool filled with goodies will be raffled off during the BBQ. The ladies Auxiliary will make the sheet cake for the meal, but will also be holding their own bake sale to raise funds. The second BBQ will be on August 21st.
9. Tootsie Roll Drive will be October 7th thru 9th, and the GK will get the permission from Wal-Mart(Republic). GK said there is the issue of them only granting an organization one day, but we will use our council for one day and the ladies auxiliary for the second day.
10. Randy talked about Larry O’Reilly paying for surgery of a young girl in Haiti, and how all the multiple doctors and nurses have all come together from all areas of the USA to get this surgery done.
From the Insurance Agent:
Scott stopped by briefly before the meeting started to turn in some paperwork and said we made Star Council.
From the District Deputy:
Pray for Special People:
Three people that have passed away (Ron Barto and Jim Hucher? Of 698, and Stan Anderson of 9533.
Closing of Meeting: