The January, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7pm, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Financial Secretary, Warden, Chaplain, Inside Guard, and 2nd year Trustee. A total of 18 Knights were present. No minutes from December, due to December Christmas Party instead of meeting.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Discussed three new members; Patrick Powers/reactivation, Jeffrey Smith/reinstatement, and Paul Asher/transfer
2. Read a Thank You letter from Blood Center on our participation in a blood drive. Jim Grier discussed how we can still contribute by going to Center itself and signing in on the St. Agnes sheet.
3. Read a letter about the State Conference in Jefferson City coming up the weekend of April 29th and April 30th.
4. Read a letter about the Polar Bear Plunge. Motion to donate $25.00 passed.
5. Read a letter from Engineers Without Borders chapter in Rolla. Tabled.
From the Chaplain:
No Report: excused
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape. Second notice reminder to all that have not paid their 2011 dues was mentioned.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Essay Contest/ sent the top 4 to State after reading all the essays. Discussion was held on giving each child a monetary reward. Tabled for further discussion.
2. Free throw contest on January 9th had very little participation.
3. Bingo paying for adding/remodeling of Grade School to add pre-school 3, 4, and 5 year olds. Estimated cost is around $100,000.
4. 6K Bowl a thon had four Knights from our council participate at Enterprise Lanes...
5. Reminder of the Valentines weekend delivery of flowers for Dillon’s. We participated in this last year and it is an easy way for our council to make $500. Signup sheet was passed around.
6. Cafeteria reserved for March 11th for our First Friday of Lent Fish Fry from 5pm until 7pm.
7. Knights Membership Blitz coming up first part of February. Since we had just finished one a couple months ago, discussion was held about needing to do another one so soon. Rocky/District Deputy suggested we consider participating, as all the Missouri Bishops were going to issue a letter and support the effort.
8. Deputy Grand Knight mentioned that there is a 1st Degree every 4th Tuesday at Holy Trinity. Also upcoming 4th Degree dates: 3/5 St. Louis Airport Marriott, 3/19 Kansas City Airport Marriott, and possibly one in Springfield this coming October 29th.
9. Could use some people on the upcoming Saturday to help finish taking down the Christmas lights.
10. Upcoming breakfast on 2/20
11. Enchilada Dinner that our resident Seminarian is doing for the Parish sometime in February.
From the Insurance Agent:
Darrell Hinkebein introduced himself as our new local Agent and gave us a brief overview of his history with Knights.
From the District Deputy:
Rocky discussed that the last Free Throw contest will be at Holy Trinity on January 30th. District will be at Holy Trinity on February 6th with the new Supreme in attendance. Rocky said we should start thinking about a slate of Candidates for Officers. Check for the Kitchen was discussed with Treasurer saying would get it in the mail.
Pray for Special People:
Closing of Meeting:
Closing prayer was said.