The February, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7pm, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Warden, Chaplain, Inside Guard, and 3rd year Trustee. A total of 12 Knights were present. Then Minutes from January were read and approved.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Discussed one new member, Michael Farrow; voted and approved.
2. Read a Thank You letter from Dean Ahrens thanking is for the $250 donation to that Bowl-A-Thon.
3. Read a letter about the State Council requesting funds for Missouri State Religious Vocation Education. Vote was held on donating 50 cents per member for a total amount of $42.50/ passed.
4. Read a letter about upcoming fundraiser for the Mary Queen Mother Sisters in Marionville. Will be held at Council 698 on April 13th. Trying to help the sisters who have still not even gotten walkways cleared from 2007 ice storm.
From the Chaplain:
No Report: excused
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape. Second notice reminder to all that have not paid their 2011 dues was discussed. A call will be made to each past due member as a reminder. Randy mentioned that the semi-annual audit is not done, but he will get with Ben and get it completed.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Next Blood Drive at St. Agnes will be held on June 16th from 3pm until 7pm in the school cafeteria. Also will be sending a report of 45 pints already donated through St. Agnes to State.
2. Recognized Ryan for spearheading the Valentines’s Day delivery of flowers for Dillon’s. $620 was made for the council on over 100 deliveries.
3. Trash pickup next month on our section of Grand Avenue. Voted and passed a motion on $100 to purchase four pickup sticks
4. Found out they will need SSI numbers for the Essay winners in order to purchase savings bonds as their prize. Motion and vote on giving the top four winners $20 each, for a total of $80/ passed.
5. Msgr. West hues Stroll coming up on May 13th. Discussion on possibly earmarking the money donated on a certain item for St. Agnes this year instead of all the schools like last year. Very little participation from outside of St. Agnes last year, even with all the ads in other Parish bulletins.
6. Cafeteria reserved for March 11th for our First Friday of Lent Fish Fry from 5pm until 7pm. James, Jim and Tim in charge. Tim will get in the Bulletin.
7. Discussion held on the need to set a slate of officer candidates for the next year to be voted on in May.
8. Motion made and discussion held on moving the meeting from 4th Wednesday to the 3rd Thursday of each month/ failed.
9. Sylvester from the CCM Council gave a presentation on a mission trip he is doing in India. Motion made and passed to give him $250 towards his trip.
10. State Convention is on 4/29 thru 5/1 in Jefferson City. John and Randy will go and Chris is an alternate.
11. Jim Grier talked about his son-in-law having a refrigerator that he will donate to us. Offer accepted in hopes it is the right size to move into the basement storage area.
12. St. Patrick’s Day Parade is on Saturday 3/19. Float staging 10:30-11am at Commercial and Benton, with the parade beginning at 2pm. Only room for fifteen on the float, but everyone is welcome to walk along with the float.
From the Insurance Agent:
No report - Not present
From the District Deputy:
No repot – Not present
Pray for Special People:
Greg Stark – father seriously ill, Greg Gloeckner - leg numbness, Jerry Dougherty – in nursing home and has CGF, and Randy Friga – for his Haiti trip
Closing of Meeting:
Closing prayer was said.