The August, 2011 meeting was called to order by the Grand Knight at 7:45pm, this later start was due to a 1st Degree was held before the regular meeting, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Inside Guard and Outside Guard. The Minutes from June were approved(no meeting in July, as we had the installation of officers. A total of 19 Knights were present.
From the Grand Knight:
2. Read a letter from the Vitae Society, thanking us for past support and asking for more money. Motion made/passed to give Vitae $100. Was also mentioned that if any member of the council donated on their own and mentioned the council, the council will get credit.
3. Read a letter of congratulations from the State Council for making Star Council.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Greg talked about St. Vincent Walk for the Poor coming up on September 17th. Any Knight from our council that walks the council will donate $25, plus the council is donating $250 as a benefactor.
2. Discussion of 2nd and 3rd Degree on 9/25 at Holy Trinity starting at 1pm. Per Rocky anyone interested should arrive by 12:15pm in order to register.
3. GK discussed the Tootsie Roll Drive on October 7th and 8th at the Republic Wal-Mart, plus at all Masses that same weekend. A signup sheet was passed around the room
4. John Appleton asked if we would be willing to help with the expense of repairing the Koi pond behind the Rectory. A motion was made and passed to spend up to $200.
5. Chris will get with Smithberg on the ultrasound initiative.
6. Chris talked about the Civil War Merit Badge that the Cub Scouts are working towards. They may need $200, but will be discussed at September meeting.
7. Randy discussed the upcoming 4th Degree that is to be held in Springfield on October 29th at the Clarion Hotel. Motion made and passed to spend $100 on meat/bbq for the hospitality room.
8. Keith discussed the Vitae Dinner on December 1st at the University Plaza Hotel.
9. Breakfasts on the 3rd Sunday each month starting at 8:30am. This by donation only and all Knights are encouraged to participate. The breakfasts are held September thru May.
10. Adding this to the August minutes(during the July installation of officers, a motion was made and passed to send $200 too Andy Love out in Colorado to help with the group of military kids he works with.
From the Insurance Agent:
From the District Deputy:
Presented a Pin to the council on behalf of our council reaching Star Council status. Presented both Randy and Chris with ties for all the work they have done for the council. Talked about the upcoming 4th Degree and really encouraged anyone interested in wanting to become a 4th too attend. He discussed the attire that is required for the 4th Degree. Rocky gave us a stack of cards to hand out during the Tootsie Roll Drive that tells where the money is going. He discussed and encouraged us to think about attending a Pilgrimage at Laurie MO that he said is very uplifting. He ended with an urging for us to get out and support Catholic High on the upcoming Friday.
Pray for Special People:
Closing of Meeting: