The August, 2010 meeting was called to order by the Deputy Grand Knight at 7pm, followed by the “Our Father” and “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Chaplain, Grand Knight, Inside Guard, and 2nd Year Trustee. A total of 16 Knights were present. There were no minutes from July, due to the dinner and officer installation in July.
From the Grand Knight:
1. The Deputy Grand Knight read applications for memberships, which included Aaron McCann and Mark Kaufmann. Motions were made and seconded on both candidates and passed.
2. Deputy Grand Knight talked about a 1st Degree on Sunday in Ozark at the Parish Hall.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
The following communications were read:
1. A thank you letter was read from the Community Blood Bank on our successful blood drive.
2. A thank you letter from Catholic High School for the monies donated from the Sunset Stroll.
3. A thank you letter from St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Lamar for the monies donated to their rebuilding campaign. This is the church that was burned down by an arson fire.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. John Smithberg discussed the success of Bingo and its financial status. John said bingo has around $55,000 in the bank. And is hoping if the 2nd progressive can hang on for a couple weeks, bingo could possibly have enough in the account to pay for a major air conditioner replacement in the north tower at the church. Replacement cost is around $70,000 dollars.
2. Andy Love talked about the youth program poster/essay contest and the need to get on it quickly.
3. Greg Gloeckner discussed the St. Vincent De Paul walk for the poor coming up. Jim Grier mentioned it would be nice to have a high visibility of Knights supporting this event. Motion was made for our council to support each Knight that walks in this event with a $50 pledge. Motion was seconded and passed.
4. Kieth Norton talked about next blood drive at St. Agnes on Monday December 27th.
5. Andy mentioned the Sunday coming up is a 5th Sunday and for all the Knights to wear their shirts at the 8:30 Mass.
6. Letter was read from Council 8920 in Cuba, Missouri about their upcoming gun raffle to raise money for Pro-Life. Letter was discussed and issue did not pass.
7. Our Knight ad in the church bulletin was discussed. Ad is coming due and is for a full year at a cost of $289.00. Motion was made and seconded to renew our add. Motion passed.
8. Randy Friga discussed busy summer audit.
9. Chris Neal talked about the success of the summer bar-b-ques.
10. Ben Francka thanked everyone for participating in the Ministry Fair. He mentioned several names that signed the sheet at the Knights booth expressing interest in the Knights.
11. Randy Friga talked about Day of Reflection coming up on 9/25 for Knights. This event is being held in Kimberling City. Bishop Leibrecht will be there for the opening and there will also be a 1st Degree.
12. Erwin Mantei discussed different ways of possibly advertising the Tootsie Roll Drive in October. This lead to discussions on mentioning where the money goes, to changing the wording to special needs.
13. James Tuckness made a motion to give the Ladies Auxiliary $100.00 for all their hard work in supporting us Knights this past summer at our BBQ’s. Jim Grier made a motion to give the Ladies $200.00. Motion was seconded and passed.
14. Discussion of a 4th Degree coming up in October in Cape Girardeau
15. Jim Grier introduced a transfer/re-activation member.
From the Insurance Agent:
No report---not present
From the District Deputy:
Pray for Special People:
We should keep Andy Love’s 94 year old grandmother back in Michigan in our prayers.
Closing of Meeting: