The April, 2012 meeting was called to order by the Chancellor, who was filling in for the Grand Knight at 7:00pm, with the opening prayer offered by Chancellor, followed by the “Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag”. All officers were present except for the Grand Knight, Deputy Grand Knight, Outside Guard, Inside Guard, Chaplain, and 3rd Year Trustee. The Minutes from the March meeting were approved. A total of 12 Knights were present, plus the District Deputy was in attendance.
From the Grand Knight:
1. Read letter about a Golf Tournament being held by the Nevada Council on Saturday June 23rd, up in Nevada.
2. Read a letter about a State Horseshoe Tournament being by the Good Shepard Council, on August 18th and 19th, up in Hannibal.
3. Read a letter about a State Golf Tournament on July 14th at Norwood’s Golf Course, also up in Hannibal.
4. Read a Thank You card from our St. Agnes Seminarian, Joe Kelly, for the money we sent him.
5. Read a Thank You letter from The Kitchen, thanking us for our donation of $325.00.
6. Read letter from the Vitae Society requesting donations. Discussion was held on what gave them last year. Motion made to send them $100 this year/ Passed.
7. Chancellor thanked several members that have and continue to head up different projects. Tim and Ben for breakfast, Keith for blood drive, Erwin for youth, and Ryan for trash and flowers.
From the Chaplain:
Treasurer’s and Financial Secretary’s Report:
The Treasurer reported on the bills and money received from activities after the last council meeting. Also, he mentioned that financial condition of the Council was in good condition and reported the amount of monies the Council had in the bank. The Financial Secretary’s report indicated the Council’s condition was in good shape.
Randy said that there are 3 members with intent to suspend, and 12 left to still pay dues.
Unfinished and New Business:
1. Keith said the two upcoming Blood Drives in 2012. Friday June 15th and Friday December 28th. Keith said the last blood drive collected 9 units, with 12 people participating.
2. Greg talked about the St. Vincent De Paul Walk. Motion made to give $500, with $250 to be paid in August, and the remaining $250 to be paid in December. / Passed.
3. Tim thanked those that came out to help paint the new Well of Life buildings porch railings. He also talked about other things that Fr. Mike would like us to help with at the building.
4. Ryan picked up trash on our stretch of Grand Avenue after the morning paint.
5. Ben talked about a $4.00 fee that is showing up each month on the bank statement with Commerce Bank, and that Commerce wants $25 per hour to investigate. Ben has checked into changing our account over to Guaranty Bank. Motion made to make the change. / Passed. Will need Treasurer, GK, and DGK to sign forms for the bank, to be the check signers.
6. Randy and Greg will be going to the State Convention up in Jefferson City. Resolution #9 was read to us, as this has to do with the amount we send State going up from $4.75 per Knight to $6.00 per Knight. By a show of hands we agreed with resolution #9. Our local dues will still stay at $35.00 per year, so no motion needed.
7. We had a guest speaker Jim Gillet, who talked about the upcoming Corpus Christi Procession coming up on Sunday June 10th. This is a first in the history of St. Agnes, and will include a Mass with the Bishop, followed by a Procession down Jefferson over to CCM (streets will be closed); there will be two Benediction Altars along the route. He was requesting as much help from the Knights as possible. Mainly in bodies to help along the route. Also as many 4th Degree Color Guards as possible. Greg will be out point of contact to get information from Fr. Mike on how the facilities will be used that day. Oliver will eventually be the point of contact per Jim Gillet.
8. Greg will find out how the cafeteria will be used on the day of the Corpus Christi Procession, as this is our normal day to have our BBQ. Discussion was held to see if it would be viable to hold one this day, since there is an ice cream social at the end of the Procession over at CCM. Consensus was that we could still probably do very well, but need to see if the cafeteria will even be available.
9. Randy talked about a group that is building a house for 59 pregnant women. He found out that they do not have any ties to the abortion industry. So this may be a good cause for us to help out.
10. Slate of Officers for upcoming election
GK – Chris Neal
DGK – Gary Momphard
Recorder- Erwin Mantei
Treasurer – Ben Francka
Warden – Greg Gloeckner
Chancellor – Jim Grier
Advocate – James Tuckness
Inside Guard –Ken Bolls
Outside Guard – Ryan Neill
1st Year Trustee – Keith Norton
2nd Year Trustee – Tim Griese
3rd Year Trustee – John Kubicek
Financial Secretary – Randy Friga appointed position
From the Insurance Agent:
From the District Deputy:
Rocky said with the recent R.C.I.A. completed, that we should approach all the guys and talk to them about the Knights of Columbus. He said there are a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Degree up in Clinton on May 6th. He was going to talk about Resolution #9, but we had already taken care of that issue.
Pray for Special People:
Ben’s father was in the hospital over Easter, and also pray for his mother since she is the main caregiver. Bill Stalnaker- doing ok, also pray for the Catholic High School kids that are heading to NYC on busses.
Closing of Meeting: